What it is
- Serial port-based version with powerful PC software.
- select either no software included, free software for download at Lynxmotion homepage, RIOS Software or even FlowBlotics Studio Software
- Easily control from a (optional) Servo-Controlelr board (SSC-32) with serial PC connection.
- This product includes everything you need to control the arm from a personal computer.
- a power supply (6V 2A) is included when you order the Controlelr Option (SSC-32)
- AL5D Hardware-Only Kit (AL5D-NS), which includes:
Arm Hardware, Base, Electronics Carrier, Gripper and Gripper Attachment Kit
- Arm Electronics & Software Pack (AEP-KT), which includes:
SSC-32 Servo Controller (SSC-32)
DB9 Serial Data Cable (DB9-02)
Power Suupply 6VDC. 2A
- Servo option which includes:
1 x HS-422 standard-size servo
1 x HS-485HB standard-size servo
1 x HS-645MG standard-size servo
1 x HS-755HB large-scale servo
1x HS-805BB large-scale servo
About the Robot Arm
The AL5D robotic arm delivers fast, accurate, and repeatable movement.
The robot features: base rotation, single plane shoulder, elbow, wrist motion, a functional gripper, and optional wrist rotate.
The AL5D robotic arm is an affordable system with a time tested rock solid design that will last and last.
Everything needed to assemble and operate the robot is included in the kit, but no software
The aluminum robotic arm is made from our Servo Erector Set components for the ultimate in flexibility and expandability.
The kit consists of black anodized aluminum brackets, Aluminum tubing and hubs, custom injection molded components, and precision laser-cut Lexan components.
Controlling the Arm
Note, DB9 Serial Data Cable included with AL5DC-KT.
Alternately the servo motors can be controlled directly from a microcontroller.
We sell the arm without electronics for these options.
Select 1) Free FlowArm software for download at lynxmotion.com
Select 2) RIOS Software with inverse kinematics and new 3D image capture! With the addition of a GP2D12 sensor it is now possible to do experimental 3D image capturing with the latest version of RIOS
Select 3) Powerful FlowBotics Studio Software license
AL5D Robotic Arm Specs
- No of axis = 4 + Gripper; Wrist Rotate upgrade optional
- Distance (base-to-elbow axis) = 5.75"
- Distance (elbow-to-wrist axis) = 7.375"
- Servo motion control = local closed loop
- Height (arm parked) = 7.25"
- Height (reaching up) = 19.00"
- Median forward reach = 10.25"
- Gripper opening = 1.25"
- Lift weight (arm extended) = approx. 13 oz
- Weight (without batteries) = 31 oz
- Range of motion per axis = 180 degrees
- Accuracy of motion per axis = Servo controller dependent (SSC32=.09 degrees)
- Servo voltage = 6 vdc
Does NOT come with optional wrist rotation as seen on image
To keep costs down we are not providing printed Assembly Guides.
They are provided online, so you will need to print them when you order the kits.
By providing the Assembly Guides online we can provide more detailed and up to date information than the old hardcopy method allowed.
Assembly Guides / Tutorials
AL5D Image Gallery